- Standard Shapes profiles
- Profiles for architectural systems
- Windows & Door
- Railing System
Aluminum slat folding shutter system that moves horizontally and folds out of the way on either side of the opening.
– Moderate priced.
– Easily covers large openings; offers excellent protection from flying debris.
– Can be closed in seconds, deploys faster than most other systems.
– Offers increased security by providing locks.
– Can be used for upper windows & operated from the inside, if the building has single/double hung or sliding windows or in-swing or sliding glass doors.
– Commonly used to enclose entire balconies.
– Build-Out tracks reduce the need for unsightly frames & additional tubes.
Advance Deployment Time Needed
Since the system is permanently mounted it can be closed very quickly, allowing more time to prepare for evacuation or sheltering in place.
Water Penetration Resistance
May reduce water penetration by reducing the amount of water being blown against windows or doors. However, may not significantly reduce water penetration under high pressures, unless mounted on the edge of a porch or balcony several feet away from the opening being protected.
Porous or Non-Porous
Does not keep wind pressure from building up on windows or doors. Generally all systems are considered non-porous.
Pull the shutter sections together to shut and engage either the locking pins, locks or both depending upon the system’s design.
Windstorm Insurance Discounts
Qualifies for discounts if all openings are protected with a FBC or Miami-Dade approved system.
Product Approval Number
Miami Dade County : 16-0209.15
Florida Building Code : FL # 20466